Active FX / Deep FX Laser Resurfacing
Bloomfield's Leading Choice for Advanced Skin Rejuvenation
Dr. Roche has been a luminary for Lumenis Corporation for more than 10 years. He is currently one of eight cosmetic surgeons in the U.S., and the only one in Michigan, performing the new CO2 ActiveFX and MaxFX laser treatments. The resurfacing procedure is being offered to patients for removal of fine lines, wrinkles, spider vein removal, and skin discoloration. Active FX is amazing for skin rejuvenation on the hands, neck and chest as well.
This laser resurfacing treatment is an excellent choice due to a lack of improvements in the current treatments for fine lines and spider vein removal such as:
- Fractional lasers
- Dermabrasion & Microdermabrasion
- Infrared Lasers
- Injectables (collagen, Botox, etc)
This laser procedure has a 2-3 day recovery period and is performed in approximately 20 minutes. Dr. Roche feels that this is an exciting procedure for rejuvenation of the skin coupled with fat transfer, stem cells and PRP you can expect amazing, turn back the clock results.
Some key highlights of the procedure are:
- Single treatment with “noticeable”, but “natural” results
- Effective on wrinkles, loose skin, and discoloration (age spots, etc)
- Minimal down-time
- Minimal discomfort
- Consistent and reproducible
The UltraPulse Encore has over a decade of proven results documented in over 100 clinical studies. And now the range of treatment options has been expanded to include new ActiveFX treatment settings for people with an active lifestyle.
Active FX / Deep FX FAQ's
Is Active FX Resurfacing Right for You?
- Do you have a busy lifestyle?
- Can you afford to be away from work for an extended time?
- Do you want noticeable results, but will trade “perfect” results for less down-time?
- Do want a treatment for dyschromia (discoloration due to sun exposure, aging and photodamage)?
- Do you want tightening of the “crepe paper” (fine wrinkles) under your eyes?
What are the benefits?
ActiveFX is a procedure that combines the gold standard laser for skin resurfacing with fractional coverage. Fractional coverage means that only a fraction of the surface of our skin is actually treated by the laser. By leaving small “bridges” of untouched skin, you heal much quicker and you can get back to your busy lifestyle sooner.
What can I expect?
Dr. Roche performs the procedure in the office with a topical anesthetic cream that is applied 30-40 minutes before the ActiveFX procedure begins. There is little/no pain – most patients say they feel warmth similar to a sunburn. Most patients can drive themselves home. You can gently wash your face with cool water and you can shower normally. You should keep your skin moist (with AquaPhor or other ointment). With the washing and moisture regimen, your photodamaged skin will begin to flake off within a 2 days. After about 4-5 days, you skin surface will begin to “re-epithelize” and your doctor will probably let you wear make-up. Pinkness should be gone in about a week.
Choose the range of resurfacing that is right for your lifestyle!
Only the UltraPulse™ Encore ® system gives your doctor the versatility for a wide range of treatments.
- Do you need only light treatment for dyschromia (discoloration due to sun exposure or other photoaging), yet want to aggressively tighten the lines and laxity around your eyes?
- Do you want more aggressive treatment on “smoker’s lines” around the mouth, but only need a lighter treatment on your cheeks and forehead?
Dr. Roche will adjust the settings to meet your individual needs.
What do Active FX and MaxFX do?
- Immediate Tightening – Studies show the procedure causes an immediate 30% shrinkage in damaged tissues. This means that skin laxity (looseness) is noticeably improved.
- Textural Improvement – Improve pore size, fine lines, modest scars, and other textural inconsistencies.
- Improved Tone – Studies prove the system is not only effective on dyschromia (discoloration from sun damage and aging) but also effective on actinic keratoses (pre-cancerous cells that may be invisible to the naked eye).
- New Collagen Formation – Because the system puts heat in the dermis (the lower layer skin), your body’s natural response is to increase collagen production. This gradual process of new collagen formation provides a nice secondary effect – tightening from the bottom upward. Most people look even better 3-5 months after the procedure – even without another treatment!
Is MaxFX right for you?
- Are you looking for maximum results from a single resurfacing procedure?
- Do you have “smoker’s lines” around your mouth?
- Do you have significant acne scarring across your face?
- Do you want a face lift, but are frightened or can’t afford the invasive surgery?
What are the benefits?
The MaxFX procedure uses the gold standard laser for resurfacing. Complete coverage by the laser provides the maximum tightening and wrinkle reduction, maximum reduction in dyschromia, and best stimulation of new collagen growth.
In addition to the laser resurfacing procedure, blepharoplasty (eyelid lift and reshaping), endoscopic brow lift (forehead lift), and other procedures can be performed at the same time. The results of these procedures make you look decades younger.
What can I expect?
Dr. Roche performs these procedures in a surgical suite. Some procedures can be performed with injection blocks, others under general anesthesia. Dr. Roche may prescribe and analgesic. You can gently wash your face with cool water. You should keep your skin moist (with AquaPhor or other ointment). With the washing and moisture regimen, your photodamaged skin will begin to flake off within a day or so. After about 5-7 days, you skin surface will be “re-epithelized” and Dr. Roche may let you wear make-up. Pinkness will last from a few days to weeks, depending on how aggressive the procedure was and which other procedures were performed at the same time.
What Are You Waiting For?
We promise to bring out your best with cutting edge treatments and technologies. Dr. Roche is the only Double Board Certified cosmetic surgeon in Michigan, providing treatments in our very own Accredited Surgical Center! Make your appointment today and see how easy it is to bring out your very best features.