Breast Reduction in Men
Dr. Roche has been performing male breast reduction for years. The cosmetic deformity — called gynecomastia — is quickly growing in popularity. The condition is relatively common in adolescent boys, and 90 percent of the time symptoms disappear in a matter of months, or, as adolescence wanes, a few years later. But the remaining 10 percent are burdened with a social handicap that causes a deep and complex shame and puts one’s relationship with one’s body at risk.
Ultrasonic liposuction is helpful for removing the fat tissue in the breast and may avoid skin excision in many breast reduction patients. It is now considered the treatment of choice for many men with large breasts. The type of surgery recommended depends on the pattern of enlargement. The most common traditional method is to remove the excess tissue through an incision around the nipple. Liposuction is used to improve the contour of the breast or remove additional fat. The breast reduction operation is under a general anesthetic and is an outpatient procedure.
Dr. Roche uses the Erchonia laser in combination with ultrasonic liposuction. The Erchonia laser speeds up healing in the breast and reduces pain and swelling. The recovery time can vary with each patient, but generally you can be back to work in three to five days after the procedure as long as your job does not require heavy lifting. You will be given a compression garment that is to be worn for the next four to six weeks or until Dr. Roche tells you otherwise.
Call for your Breast Reduction Procedure Consultation
We welcome you to contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Roche. Please call us at 248-338-1110 today to book your appointment.